Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Timothy had his second dose of chemo today and did well. He looks quite sick but is doing his best to try to be happy. When Ken saw him tonight, he said he looks like someone who has been smoking marajuana... the red half-shut eyes and sort-of dopey looking. Poor guy. All toxic from the meds. Nonetheless he is doing so well and the nurses keep mentioning how good he is being.

Today I learned what will be involved in our clinic visits twice a week, which will likely take the whole morning on Mondays and Thursdays.

A group of ladies makes quilts for the kids here and we got to pick one for Tim which was pretty cool. Bethany came to visit today, which was a nice break for me to have some (somewhat =) normal conversation and get away from the hospital a bit. Kate and my mom also came and we had a nice time together. Kate brought me a craft she made and she also did a painting here.

Some other interesting statistics I found out... neuroblastoma in kids under one happens to only 7 in a million! Crazy stuff.

Only one more day or chemo and then 24 hours of monitoring means if all goes well we should go home by Friday!!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Good to hear that everything is going so well! You guys remain in my prayers.
Helen 't Hart

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna, I had no idea of what you were going through...As I read the whole blog, I found out...I will definetly pray for Tim, you, Ken and Kate. As I am writting I am praying God--- I have sooo much faith in him, I have experienced a miracle from him and i'M still waiting FOR MORE (is a family situation, sometime later I will inform you) but I'm just mentioning this to testify that God is AWESOME, ALL MIGHTY, LOVING AND CARING...Shauna may God's hands lay on Tim and heal his body doing what he knowS to do BESt a -=-Miracle, for which he will receive all the Praise, and Glory. I have faith that he has not left you and your family along, and that he will continue being with you all and giving "baby T" his health.
My dear friend, I know you and your husband are strong believers, keep up that spirit, and if you believe you will see all the things he will do. Please receive a Big Hug from us...May God's peace be with you all, and count with my prayers. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
lUV YOUR FRIEND..YASY

Anonymous said...

Your faith and expressions of joy in the midst of great turmoil is a blessing and lesson for us all...today, a patient who has been praying for Timothy came in and I gave him the good news from the Gamma Scan...and he said'That's a great report which confirms what God told me before you came into the room...God "told Me' that Timothy was getting better and better and would be a shining expression of God's love and mercy for many years into the future...another confirmation that affirms our faith of complete healing for the Tim-Bit....and yesterday, I had a happy tear as I pictured being at Timothy's wedding one day....I believe all of these signs and interpretations in different forms are God speaking thru people and saying that Timmy is here for a long,healthy life....for which we give thanks....Dad