Friday, September 26, 2008

Enjoying Home...






As many of you have pointed out, I haven't updated the blog lately. And that is only because not too much has happened recently. We are really just enjoying our time at home, awaiting the return to the hospital on Monday night. Timothy's check-ups have been going well and no blood transfusions or extra hospital visits have been necessary (for which we are truly thankful!)

I suppose we have been trying to be a bit "normal" lately, just living and playing and enjoying the gorgeous September weather. We take daily walks to the park, have tea on Grandma Jessie's porch, paint fingernails (Kate's, that is!) and practice sitting and standing and such. Tim has just began to put some weight on his feet this week which was really exciting!! I think it still hurts him a bit to stand but not as much. He is a really strong little guy!

We have a clinic visit Monday morning and then he checks in to the hospital on Monday night 8 pm and then chemo this round consists of 3 heavy-duty drugs on Tuesday. We should be home by Wednesday! It will so hard to go back now that Tim is used to being home and outside and with me all the time. Hopefully he will just be so glad to see all his "girlfriends" again that he won't mind being there!

In other news, life does go on and we are close to being finished our new house! There is a minor mishap however, as one company sold our RESERVED hardwood! How do you do that?!? Then the next place we managed to find this type of wood at mislabled their box and they actually don't have any when they said they did! Anyways, now all the scheduling for the trades is all screwed up and it looks like we will be rushed to make the closing date. Just in case we needed another challenge... Oh well... just another lesson in trusting God to take care of all the details. I'm sure we won't be out on the street...

I am still not working as I am leary of getting any "germs" that could potentially get Tim sick. So my poor dad is working all day at his office and then coming to mine to work a few hours in the evening! (Thanks so much dad! You're the greatest!) So far, no associate for my office has been found, so I would appreciate your prayers in that aspect. I also really wrecked my knee which I don't have time to deal with right now with all of Tim's health issues. So there's another prayer request for you. Good thing we have so many people out there to support us and help us out!

Well.. I guess a lot HAS happened afterall with the length of this message. Sorry it's so long! But it's been a while...


Until next time...

Shauna

1 comment:

Chrisnvp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.